Posted Feedback: New Features & Updates
This article documents new features, fixes for issues, and updates in the Posted Feedback tool.
June 14, 2023 - New Features
A Student View option has been added for instructors to preview an individual student's view of a feedback file.
June 14, 2023 - General Usability Improvements and Bug Fixes
The tool has improved usability in the following areas:
- Students now have a View button for files. Previously, students needed to select an Actions menu for a file to access its View link.
- The Actions menu for instructors now includes its text. Previously, a smaller down arrow button to the right of the text Actions was used to open the menu.
- Success and error messages have been made unique and descriptive. For example, when a file has been uploaded, a message will display with the name of the file, e.g., "Paper Feedback.csv successfully uploaded." This replaces the previous generic message of "Success!"
The following bugs were fixed:
- Students could not scroll to the right to see all the columns of a large feedback file.
- When a student hovered their mouse over a header in a table displaying their feedback, a highlight appeared as if the table was sortable.
June 14, 2023 - Accessibility Fixes
Fixes were applied for keyboard and screen reader accessibility issues:
- The Choose File button and indicator of a file selected for upload was replaced with an accessible file picker.
- Keyboard focus indicators on buttons, links, and menus are more visible.
- Success and error messages are now tagged with role="alert" so they can be read more easily with a screen reader.
- Color contrast between text and background color was improved on multiple buttons and menus.
- Sortable tables and pagination options in the tool are now accessible with a keyboard and screen reader.
June 14, 2023 - Potential Issue for Instructors using NVDA Screen Reader
When an instructor using NVDA screen reader selects the Actions menu for a file, then View, they may have difficulty navigating the table contents on the following page.
If you encounter an issue accessing this table, we recommend following the steps to download the file and reading it in a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel. The downloaded file includes the same information as the table presented on the View page.
Note: If you encounter an issue using Posted Feedback with NVDA or another screen reader, please contact the Learning Technology Services (LTS) Team. In your email, please include the screen reader you are using and a description of the issue, so we can try to investigate and address it.